Re: [vox] repairing LILO on RH 7.1 install.

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Geoffrey Herteg wrote:

> What's the layout of your hard drive?  Can you paste the partition
> information into an email and post it?

when I boot of the 2nd HD, the partition scheme is:

/dev/hda1 /
/dev/hdc1 /mnt/old_box
/dev/hda5 /mnt/old_box/mp3
/dev/hda6 /mnt/old_box/home

trying to boot, I have switched cables so that it should be:

/dev/hda1 /
/dev/hda5 /mp3
/dev/hda6 /home

apologies if this isn't quite what you're looking for but the Linux box is
in another room, isolated from the world due to lack of various cables.

I've tried to make the two installs as similar as possible and was hoping
that it would be fairly straightforward.

johnmc.
--
 . http:// | johnmc.org      - +1-707-446-7229 (home) .
 . johnmc@ | bucketchild.net - +1-   -   -     (cell) .