Re: [vox] 802.11b wireless

Althought I'm in Sacto, this interests me.  Any idea what the rates will be?

Don Dunn

>>> <gherteg@valinux.com> 07/20 2:33 PM >>>
Well, a little bit of promising news...  I just spoke to a tech from Sonic
(www.sonicisp.net) about their wireless plans for Davis.  Seems they're in the
process of bidding for a WPOP located at Mace and Highway 80.  According to the
tech, it will have a 15 mile range and ~1.8Mbit/sec speed.  He said the process
should be done in 4-6 weeks.

Much happier than the news I got from the DSL tech yesterday.  She said Mace
Ranch's residential gateway won't be upgraded until December at the earliest,
but that's just an estimate...

Now if I could just borrow a couple of 14dBi directionals to see if my new place
can talk to Greystone through the line of two story houses that separate us...
Hmmm.

-- Geoffrey

Quoting speck@blkmtn.org: