[vox] text along a path

Anyone know of a free tool that can string text along a path, a la Adobe
<censored>strator? None of the free tools available seem to do this rather
specialized form of text mangling. Here's an ascii'art approximation of what
it shouls look like:

                 o    w
            l             o
        l                    r
     e                          l
    H                             d

where the letters above are each rotated -40 to 4o degrees.

--
Henry House