Re: [vox] Poll: If IBM were to come talk...

On 18 Jul 2001 03:21 PM or thereabouts, zeruch [Joseph Estevao Arruda] wrote:
> Actually 4: RH, Turbo, SuSE and Caldera

Whoops, always forget about Caldera.  'OpenLinux', the most closed distro ever
developed.

The total is really 6 distros (the above four plus YellowDog and LinuxPPC),
but YDL is a minor partner, and IBM maintains LinuxPPC, so marketing
usually just mentions the majors.

(Aside: My group has installed over 3500 machines, we've never used Caldera, never been
requested. ;-)

--Matthew
infinite@sigkill.com

--
  "There are a thousand forms of subversion, but few can equal the
   convenience and immediacy of a cream pie"