[vox] how frequently do you apt-get?

To the debian users out there, I'm curious how often people update/upgrade
their systems.  I'm also curious how many people go for the testing and
unstable packages as opposed to the stable ones.

I've been doing an apt-get dist-upgrade about once every one to two weeks
(after doing complete (not incremental) backups usually).  My source list
includes stable, testing and unstable packages.

I did one Monday of this week and have a question.  Why are a few (3 in my
case) packages "held back"?  What does that mean?

-- Chris