Re: [vox] No DSL, no cable -- options?

Ok,

Here's some fun.  In order to extend the usefullness and ease of redeployment of telephone lines, a lot of phone lines ('specially older ones) have bridge tap transformers.
http://www.dslreports.com/information/kb/bridge+taps
Another explanation of Bridge Taps is here
http://www.dslreports.com/information/kb/BRIDGE+TAP

Lots of other definitions and posibilities on those pages.

-sp