January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] No DSL, no cable -- options?

Thank you, everyone, for helping me out with this.

I called GTE again and tried to clarify a few things.  According to the
lady:

   1. The reason ADSL isn't available isn't because of the distance,
      but because of the line.

   2. If I get another line, I might be able to get ADSL.

   3. Putting in a new physical line may or may not help.

   4. ISDN costs a lot.

Anybody know why one may not be able to get ADSL because of the line, not
the distance?  Anybody know what the chances of being able to get ADSL is
if I were to get a new line (which I am going to get anyway, but...)

Thank you all!

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim