Re: [vox] No DSL, no cable -- options? [amended]

Lynn Wood wrote:
> Although Starband only "officially" supports Windows, it's well-known
> that you can activate the Ethernet port instead of the USB
> port and use it with whatever system you want.  Here's a
> column from Robert Cringeley about how he did it:
>         http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010201.html
> I'm sure there are many more examples on the web...

Of course, I should also point out that, in last week's column,
Robert Cringely talked about why he wasn't thrilled with Starband.
Instead, he found some guy who lived 10 miles away where they could
get DSL access, split the cost of DSL with the guy and set up an
802.11 network between the two houses with a Yagi antenna...

				-Lynn