Re: [vox] No DSL, no cable -- options?

Mark,
	I, too, have received this horrible news about my future domicile.  What confuses me is it's @ 14,500ft from the CO (max distance is 15,000 ft, is it not?)...  At this point, the only alternatives I'm aware of are satellite dish service (terrible upstream and latency) and dialup (which, at this point, is _not_ acceptible).

<rant>
	After my last week, I want PacBell's head on a stick...  They've had three techs say 'no problem' to DSL, and just yesterday a fourth tech was the first to say 'no way, it's too far from the CO'.
	So much for customer service...  My DSL's down this morning too.
</rant>

	So if anyone knows of a way to free me and Mark from the bonds of PacBell DSL, please let us know!

-- Geoffrey

begin  Mark K. Kim quotation: