Re: [vox] LUGOD advertisement...

On Fri, 22 June 2001, Don Werve wrote:

> Christine Scobee wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Joel Baumert wrote:
> >
> > > Linux will make you popular, give you straight A's in school, and make you
> > > a millionaire.
> > >
> > > (Based on a small selection of Linux users.  Your personal results may vary)...
> > >

> > Ooh, that's good!
> >
> > But maybe substitute sexy for popular :)
> >
> > -Christine
>
> It *is* the best thing since sliced bread!
>
> Actually, if you look at your average NT admin, versus your average Unix
> admin, I would tend to think that the Unix admins are sexier -- they're
> more relaxed, smile more (albeit not in a friendly manner), have no
> fear, and don't cringe every time they catch a flash of something blue
> in the sunlight.

Based on what empherical data?
1.  On the No Fear issue.  NT Admins go forth and install NT servers.  Fear, HAH!
2.  I, and most of my co-workers smile a lot.  And often on a friendly manner.
3.  Nah, that's a myth.  NT Administrators don't cringe at Blue, we know how to properly install software so we see it about as often as Unix admins see a core dump.  It's END USERS or those who THINK they are admins playing with their systems and failing to view the README files that cringe at BLUE.

> The fact that Unix admins make more than their NT counterparts might not
> hurt...*grin*
That might account for the illusion of sexiness.  :)

> Don Werve <donw@examen.com>
> Jr. Unix System Administrator

So the objective is to know both.  :)

Steven Peck
Senior NT/2000 Systems Administrator/Consultant