Re: [vox] Cheap version of VMware, cheaply (fwd)

Re: [vox] Cheap version of VMware, cheaply (fwd)

begin: jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us> quote
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Rod Roark wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 10 June 2001 19:44, Henry House wrote:
> > >
> > > We have wanted a copy of VMWare for demos for months now. Would any
> > > student be interested in buying a copy and donating it to LUGOD? I
> > > would do so myself if I were a student :-).
> >
> > I doubt the license would allow that.  But last I checked, you can try
> > it out for free for 30 days.
>
> 30 day trial would not really serve the purpose.  The purpose is to put it
> on the LUGOD demo machine (a single installation) so people can see that
> they can get a lot of the backward compatibility they might want from it.
>
> What if the student installs it on the demo machine? That would seem to
> meet the letter of the license. (http://www.vmware.com/download/eula.html)

yes, i think you're right about this, jeff.   after i finish grading my
finals, i'll purchase a copy.  surely, vmware would appreciate us showing off
their wares...   free advertising and all that.

pete