Re: [vox] Cheap version of VMware, cheaply (fwd)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Rod Roark wrote:

> On Sunday 10 June 2001 19:44, Henry House wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 06:53:37PM -0500, -///- (Mister Resistor)
> wrote:
> > > VMWARE EXPRESS SPECIAL OFFER FOR 2001 COLLEGE GRADUATES
> > > All recent graduates can purchase VMware Express for only $20.01
> > > during the month of June 2001. Express is the best way to
> > > run Windows 95 and Windows 98 applications on Linux. This offer is
> > > good through June 30, 2001 only, so act now to claim your copy of
> > > Express for $20.01 -- before the graduation parties start
> > > in full swing! Register for your discount code at:
> > > http://vmware1.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB3815437386X1041669X65702X
> >
> > We have wanted a copy of VMWare for demos for months now. Would any
> > student be interested in buying a copy and donating it to LUGOD? I
> > would do so myself if I were a student :-).
>
> I doubt the license would allow that.  But last I checked, you can try
> it out for free for 30 days.

30 day trial would not really serve the purpose.  The purpose is to put it
on the LUGOD demo machine (a single installation) so people can see that
they can get a lot of the backward compatibility they might want from it.

What if the student installs it on the demo machine? That would seem to
meet the letter of the license. (http://www.vmware.com/download/eula.html)

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing