Re: [vox] Mandrake Linux Firewall

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 02:02:59AM -0700, Christine Scobee wrote:
> cookie recipe

LUGOD related.  Signal (IMO).

> long hair and linux

Signal.

> UPS question

Signal.

> Banner banter

Possibly signal for the first two or three messages, noise for the
next gazillion.

> yes, I can see how this would be considered "noise".  But
> wandering threads give us a chance to get to know each other.  In the
> short run, this would seem to have very little to do with linux;  in the
> long run, it allows us to build relationships with each other which make
> future technical interactions more comfortable.

Well, building relationships is good - but can still be done in the
'signal' sort of messages.

Anyway, as I said, my thoughts on topicality are my own, and certainly
your POV is a good one - but it'll end up being too much for me, I
think.

Obviously, my way of looking at things is neither the only way nor the
'right' way - I was just looking for opinions.  Which it seems I'm
getting.  At this point, though, I think Pete wants these opinions
sent to him directly, and not cluttering the list.

Micah