2008 Mar 03 10:34

Re: [vox] LUGOD advertisement...

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Eric wrote:

> Yeah, and *I'm* gonna run a mainframe-type system with
> Windows NT, right? Actually, I remember reading an
> article about a month ago that stated that there had
> been like 8 of these systems sold worldwide... Why?
> Because *people aren't dumb* and most people who know
> high-end systems fully realize that a unix system is
> more *robust and scaleable* (the other 2 at least
> equally important) virtues I mentioned.

Without using Slashdot-comment-style anecdotal evidence, would you care
to point out why you believe they are more robust and scalable?  And let's
say you are correct - why do you believe that NT couldn't make inroads
into the arena under consideration?

As usual, I'm curious and not asserting any claims to being 'right',
here.

--
Mr. Resistor (-/\/\/\-) (resistor@velcroshoes.org)
Velcro Shoe Supremacist and Computer Engineering Student