Re: [vox] totally no-linux-related question

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Henry House wrote:
> Does one write "wits' end" or "wit's end" to signify a state of exasperation?
> (Any English majors here?). Thanks!

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary (www.m-w.com):

Main Entry: 2 wit
- at one's wit's end, or at one's wits' end : at a loss for a means of solving
a problem

I take this to mean that it would be correct both ways, depending upon how
many wits you feel you have. :)

-yams