Re: [vox] banner - README.1ST

Debi wrote:

> At 03:40 PM 6/22/01 , Mark K. Kim wrote:
>
> > Oh man~ we got minors on our list.
> >
> > -Mark
>
> And "we" have women who don't appreciate being viewed as objects or
> toys.  I've been thinking about joining, but now I wonder if this
> organization is for me...
>
> Here's a page for you, Gabe:
> http://www.cs.utk.edu/~bartley/other/10Things.html

Heres a page for everyone:
http://lighten.up. dot please

Heaven forbid anyone have a tongue in cheek bit of fun at someone elses
expense somewhere else for some reason at sometime in this world. If I
took seriously every possible variable tsatement against geeks,
Portuguese, my art, my music, my gender, my fetish for loud shirts...I'd
have given myself an anyersm and a poor social life ages ago.

Had there been semi naked beefcakes in the photo would you have thought
it was objectifying men? Would you have implicitly marshalled that
thought in your mind first?

P.S. *anything* (and I mean anything) is funny given sufficient
suspension of disbelief and adequate exaggeration of at least one
element (to paraphrase George Carlin, a man who has made a 4 decade
career of playing with language and expression and dancing on our
foibles) - Suspension of disbelief would be that LUGOD = pr0n.  Adequate
exagerration would be that I would ever have a shot at one of those
chicks in the banner ;)*.  Political Correctness is almost always the
former and rarely the latter.

*please note that that statement was in and of itself, a tounge in cheek
bit o' fun.