2008 Mar 03 10:34

Re: [vox] LUGOD advertisement...

> Very good point; and a coredump isn't exactly the same level of guru
> meditation that you get with a BSOD.  Coredumps tell you *exactly* what
> the system was doing; BSODs just give you an idea.

BSOD's can give you a high degree of information if you understand how to
use the Windows kernel debugger.  Try it out sometime (it's free) - you'll
need 2 machines.  Be sure to enable the debug switch, in I believe,
boot.ini.

I wonder if any debugger developers read this list.... <e-mail me if you
do... I wrote a debugger and have some issues that need resolving, and
could use some help.>

--
Pavan xxxxxx (xxxxxx@uiuc.edu)   http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~xxxxxx
Computer Engineering Student     University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign