Re: [vox] Arkeia Power Award

William Kendrick wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 08:15:39PM -0700, Christine Scobee wrote:
> >
> > One thing that strikes (and greatly impresses) me about LUGOD is the
> > number of members, quality of speakers, variety of activities, and level
> > of dedication of the active members _considering how long LUGOD has been
> > in existence_.
>
> Thanks!  :)  There's really something about Linux that makes one want to
> keep going.  It really is like a religion, isn't it? :)
>
> (vi!  emacs!  vi!  emacs!  vi!  (pico?)  boooooo!)
>
> -bill!

I'm not religious. It's more like hero worship. Here are mine:

1. Linus
2. O'Reilly
3. LUGOD

The first two are distant heroes. LUGOD allows for daily worship through
the list and two meetings a month.

-Eric E.

P.S. Bill razzed me at the B&G fundraiser for not attending meetings
since Mark Kim's Blender talk. I had every intention of attending
Gabriel's OpenGL talk, but it coincided with a Patwin Elementary School
resource meeting. I am not a backslider ... really.