2013 May 29 20:36

Re: [vox-tech] KDE on Debian

Is this KDE 4?

If so, try right-clicking the panel.  (If you see "Unlock widgets",
click that.  Then right-click the panel again.)

Select "Add Widget".  Scroll until you find "Task Manager"
(or type "task" into the search field and it'll filter out everything
but the widgets with "task" in their name).

Click "Task Manager" and drag it into the panel, or just double-click it.

If you need to reposition it, click the 'cashew' icon (as people call it)
on the panel (probably at the far right).  Hover over the task manager
widget.  Click and drag to move.  (You'll probably see a 4-directional
plus-shaped arrow.)

You'll also see "[wrench] Task Manager [x]", which allows you to change
the task manager's settings, or remove it.  (You can also do these actions
by simply right-clicking in an empty part of the task manager, though
sometimes that can be difficult... hence my mentioning the cashew trick.)

Good luck!

-bill!

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 04:48:54PM -0700, Richard Harke wrote:
>    I have a machine with Debian lenny and that is just fine. When I got  new
>    laptop, I
>    installed Debian squeeze with KDE. It has always been a bit quirky which
>    is why the other machine has stayed at lenny. Recently my laptop has
>    stopped showing open
>    applications on the task bar. I haven't been able to find a configuration
>    to reverse this. In the proces of trying to fix this, I have upgraded to
>    wheezy but no change.
>    Does anyone know how to get my open applications back on the taskbar?
>    It would also be goog to stop the annoying iconifying of the whole
>    interface.
>    I have tried for documentation at KDE.org but I think the site is broken.
>    Richard Harke

Sent from my computer