2013 Feb 28 15:24

Re: [vox-tech] Android and Photobucket

On 02/28/2013 08:32 AM, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
>> http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424249

I have a galaxy nexus running the stock android 4.2.2 and I opened the
above in my browser and clicked the "send to phone" button and it looks
fine.

Looks good to me.

>> every single photo appears as a little blue rectangle with a question
>> mark in it.  They look fine on my PC.
>>
>> It's a Verizon phone running Gingerbread (2.3.6).  Problem happens with
>> both the stock browser and the Dolphin browser.  I tried clearing the
>> browser cache and cookies and hard-rebooting the phone (removing the
>> battery) and changing the user agent.  Other image hosting sites seem
>> be OK.  I don't think it's DNS because I can browse to
>> i205.photobucket.com (which then redirects to something else).  Happens
>> both with cellular internet access and with wi-fi.
>>
>> Anyone heard of such a thing?  Any ideas?

Very weird.  Maybe verizon is running some kind of proxy, or the custom
verizon software installed on your phone broke something.

Try browser -> settings -> request desktop site.

Maybe your browser agent is causing the website to send the images as
flash or something.