Re: [vox-tech] frustrating laptop problem

Re: [vox-tech] frustrating laptop problem

Thanks to all who replied.  I found it interesting that most people
addressed the issue of Fedora not shutting down.

Someone suggested Ubuntu 12.10, and that seems to have worked.
Everything OK so far, not freezing of the touchpad etc. as I had with
12.04.

Unfortunately, since that solution worked, I didn't have time to try the
others, but they did give me useful insight on things I hadn't thought
of myself.

Norm