2012 Aug 14 15:23

Re: [vox-tech] KDE Weirdness

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Richard Harke <paleopenguin@gmail.com> wrote:
What distro are you running? For debian squeeze I see a package called kde-full. You might try installing that.

Richard

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Richard S. Crawford <richard@underpope.com> wrote:
After a major issue with my Nvidia drivers this weekend (I resolved it by simply booting into the right kernel -- sigh), I'm having problems getting KDE working properly. While I was trying to fix the Nvidia issue, I removed a bunch of packages related to KDE and NVidia, and lost track of what went away. Now I'm having the following issues:

* Keyboard
The really weird thing here is that I can use non-KDE applications such as LibreOffice just fine. It's just KDE applications where my keyboard is non-responsive. I can still use Alt+Ctrl+Fx to get to a terminal, though.

* Window Decorations are missing

* All my desktop effects are disabled

Anyone here have any ideas?

Hi Richard and Ryan,

I ended up reinstalling the entire KDE desktop. It was sort of a hail-Mary pass, but it worked!
--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard@underpope.comhttp://www.underpope.com