2012 Jun 12 18:18

Re: [vox-tech] Linux Kiosk Distro

The last link that Alex sent looks like just about perfect:

http://www.alandmoore.com/blog/2011/11/05/creating-a-kiosk-with-linux-and-x11-2011-edition/

The blogger seems to make the same point that Tony did: instead of worrying about an absolute lock down, periodically copy all your default profiles/scripts to erase any unwanted tracks.

Thanks for the suggestions!

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev@wildintellect.com> wrote:
On 06/12/2012 06:00 PM, Tony Cratz wrote:
> On 06/12/2012 05:58 PM, Thomas Johnston wrote:
>> I will take a look at the freecode site you mentioned.
>>
>> They kiosk will be used to access the internet. I am not too concerned
>> with restricting what sites that they visit. Rather, I want to prevent
>> permanent damage/corruption of the host computer.
>
>       Well, in that case, build up a PXE server and do a fresh
>       install of the OS each day. Even think about moving to using
>       SSD drives instead of normal hard drive.
>

>                                                       Tony

Kiosk distro
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=webconverger

More discussion and links