2012 May 27 09:23

[vox-tech] Cloning LVM volume over network

[vox-tech] Cloning LVM volume over network

I'm looking for the most efficient way to clone an LVM volume 50GB from
one physical machine to another. Both machines must stay up, so that
rules out clonezilla. I'd also like it to be more efficient that dd, so
more similar to partimage or partclone where it skips the empty space
and only copies the filled part.

Anyone have examples that show how to do this?

Thanks,
Alex