2012 May 22 11:33

Re: [vox-tech] import address book into Yahoo! mail

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 08:56:13PM -0700, Norm Matloff wrote:

> Maybe a bit off topic, but an answer would be much appreciated.
>
> My wife has an organization with about 100 members, whose e-mail
> addresses she has stored in a spreadsheet file.  (Note:  They are not
> Yahoo! Contacts.) She wants to form them into a single alias in her
> Yahoo! account.  Yahoo!'s mail utility doesn't seem to state how to do
> this, other than laboriously typing by hand.  If anyone has a simple,
> quick method, it would be much appreciated.
>
> Norm Matloff

Can you save the spreadsheet as a csv or tab separated file or
such, then use perl or awk or such to output
addressa, addressb, addressc or
A B <addressa>, C D <addressb> ?
Can that sort of format be pasted into yahoo?
Maybe this will work
awk -F , {'printf("\"%s %s\" <%s>, ", $1, $2, $3);'}
If the first column is first name, second column is last name,
and third column is email address.
Nick Schmalenberger