2012 May 11 11:14

Re: [vox-tech] Secure Wiping hard drives

Re: [vox-tech] Secure Wiping hard drives

DBAN looks like it will do what you want:

http://www.dban.org/

But you can't securely erase a drive without writing to every sector,
and that will take time.

More challenging is how to securely dispose of a defective drive.  I'd
use a sledgehammer.

Do a cost analysis and maybe a solution for the "safety requirements"
will magically appear.  :)

Rod