2012 Apr 06 11:34

Re: [vox-tech] init scripts on Debian problems with upgrade

Re: [vox-tech] init scripts on Debian problems with upgrade

After successfully adding Postfix which purged Exim, I decided to go back
and see if Exim4 could go back and purge Postfix. I still get the following
error. I guess I could just leave Postfix, but the curiousity kills me
to know why or how to get Exim4. I know that Exim 4 has a wizard to create the
configuration for a box that just needs a mail server for local purposes. Is
there a way to clear the error that blocks Exim 4?

I used aptitude to select Exim4 which causes Postfix to purge

piA  exim4-base                                                       +1712 k <none>     4.72-6+squ
piA  exim4-config                                                     +1303 k <none>     4.72-6+squ
piA  exim4-daemon-light                                               +1065 k <none>     4.72-6+squ
--\ Packages being deleted due to unsatisfied dependencies (1)
id   postfix                                                          -3273 k 2.7.1-1+sq 2.7.1-1+sq
--\ Packages to be installed (1)
pi   exim4                                                            +61.4 k <none>     4.72-6+squ

No, I hit 'g' to continue and I get the following error.

+
E: Could not perform immediate configuration on 'exim4'. Please see man 5 apt.conf under
   APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)