Re: [vox-tech] Schematics for motherboard

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 01:13:54PM -0800, Thomas Johnston wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions about how to identify the damaged
> component? And perhaps where to get a replacement part?

Those parts are surface mount. Assuming you find the right diode,
capcitor, resistor, whatever for that damaged part, you will probably
throw a bunch of heat into the board with your iron and damage another
part. I suggest going to ebay and trying to buy another mother board
there. I haven't even seen a schematic for a motherboard.

You could go to the dell outlet, buy another 1500 and use your current
system for parts. I only see a 1520 on the outlet site at the moment
though. Maybe it uses the same board.

Although, there are some people who are really good at soldering
that can do it. I live next to Metro Electronics in Sac. I haven't seen SMT
parts, but it doesn't mean that they don't have it.

I have a personal articles policy on my laptops for about thirty bucks a year
that covers this sort of stuff.

brian
--
Brian Lavender