2011 Nov 29 15:18

[vox-tech] Fwd: SMS problem with Verizon

[vox-tech] Fwd: SMS problem with Verizon

Posting on behalf of Dr. Larry Ozeran <lozeran@clinicalinformatics.com>
who is having trouble posting to vox-tech due to his ISP's mail
delivery system configuration.  (Thanks to Rod Roark for letting
us know why Larry's post attempts were just vanishing!)

---

Hi all. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

A client requested being able to send text messages from her web site
for special offers (to people who sign up for them). I started testing
on Virgin Mobile and it worked fine. Then I tried Verizon and it has a
problem.

In PHP, the command looks like:
mail($to, $subject, $message, $from);

When I send to Virgin Mobile with $to="##########@vmobl.com" and
$from="from: business@customer.com\nreply-to: business@customer.com",
the message arrives saying it is from business@customer.com

When I send to Verizon with $to="##########@vtext.com" and $from="from:
business@customer.com\nreply-to: business@customer.com", the message
arrives saying it is from superuser@mydomain.com - this is bad for at
least two reasons

I haven't tried other carriers yet, so I don't know if this is just a
Verizon issue or also occurs with other carriers. I have been searching
for an hour and keep getting the same useless suggestions from Google
(about how to send an SMS message to a Verizon user), so I am hoping
that one of you wise LUGODers knows the answer or can think of a better
search to find it.

thanks,

Larry

---