2011 Oct 22 17:26

Re: [vox-tech] grub 2

Quoting Bob Scofield (scofield@omsoft.com):

> Rick,
>
> What's the matter with GRUB 2?

More than a bit baroque and overengineered for my taste, when something
a lot simpler will do the job and (used correctly) be far more
foolproof.

I mean, good grief, they now have not just a conffile but an entire
hierarchy of /etc/grub.d/ conffile fragments, 'support for non-ASCII
characters, dynamic loading of modules, real memory management, and
more' (http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/grub-2.html).  Sorry, folks, I
just want to load a kernel image into memory, load an initrd, and mount
a root filesystem.