2011 Oct 17 19:09

Re: [vox-tech] [Solution] Gnome Classic on Ubuntu 11.10

On 11-10-17 11:23 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3926371/Jono-Bacon-Defends-Ubuntu-An-Insiders-Perspective.htm
Thanks for this, Alex - I'll check that out.
> Let's not give in to that war, gave up on KDE long ago for various
> obnoxious features, never liked Kubuntu to start due to it's K* suite of
> stuff and other default packages, but did give it a whorl as KDE on top
> of Ubuntu install. I'd say it works for some but not for the people who
> have generally liked Gnome.
I've no intention of starting a war, and I don't use much of the K*
suite (especially Kmail, Kontact, etc.) - drove me crazy when I tried.
Mostly, the attraction for me is the ability to have distinct desktops.
As it is, I have quite a mixture of stuff, K-based, Gnome-based,
Google-based, and agnostic - and I'm probably not alone in that.  One of
the attractions with FOSS is that - unlike some OSs one could name - we
have choice.

Cheers

Cam