2011 Oct 17 10:09

Re: [vox-tech] [Solution] Gnome Classic on Ubuntu 11.10

Re: [vox-tech] [Solution] Gnome Classic on Ubuntu 11.10

Yep, this is why I am still on 10.10.

What were thinking?  Is Jono really OK with this?

On 16 October 2011 17:32, Tony Cratz <cratz@hematite.com> wrote:
On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, Rod Roark wrote:
> Wow, lots of comments from unhappy Ubuntu users there.
>
> Alex Mandel <tech_dev@wildintellect.com> wrote:
>
>     Since this one is likely to bite a few people very quickly.
>     http://www.webupd8.org/2011/08/installing-using-classic-gnome-desktop.html

       And I will add to the list of not really happy with the new
       version.

       Even with going back to the Gnome classic they have screwed
       things up.

       1) I can't find out how to disable the keyboard inactivity
       check. I don't want it to dim the display just because I'm not
       typing.

       2) The old system menu is moved and is not as good.

       3) I like the top panel with it's apps. I have not found how to
       get back to those apps.

       4) I have not found out how to change the theme from their
       default theme to one I like better.

       Just a number of small things which there may be solutions
       but I feel they really screwed up with things they should never
       have touched in order to force us into this new brain damage
       way of thinking.

                                                       Tony