2011 Sep 14 01:08

Re: [vox-tech] netcdf installation problems

Re: [vox-tech] netcdf installation problems

I tried doing this and it says netcdf is already on my computer but I cannot locate it and also I am not getting the lib and include directories like I need for running WRF model.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

Jason

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Tony Cratz <cratz@hematite.com> wrote:
On 09/12/2011 10:23 PM, Jason Snyder wrote:
> I am trying to install Netcdf and am encountering problems with the
> installation.  Can someone give me some guidelines on how to
> successfully install netcdf on UBUNTU?  I tried looking at this website:
>
> http://iprc.soest.hawaii.edu/users/xfu/tool/INSTALL.html
>
> I tried to run ./configure, then make, tne make test, then make install
> but to no avail.  Can someone give me some additional instruction on how
> to install the netcdf so that I can get an include and lib directory
> like I am supposed to be getting?

       First check our the packages. I find there are is a netcfd-bin
       package.

       You might want to look at:
http://joysofprogramming.com/install-netcdf-bin-ubuntu/

       I find the first thing I do when I want to install a program is
       to always check to see if there is already an existing Ubuntu
       or Debian package. If there is, I install that and stop wasting
       my time trying to build it from scratch.

                                                       Tony

Jason Snyder
Geography PhD
UC Davis