2011 Aug 14 21:03

[vox-tech] clean up the program synergys and synergyc

[vox-tech] clean up the program synergys and synergyc

Hello all:

I used to use synergy to share keyboard and mouse among three
computers, now I stopped using it. However I noticed this from the
/var/log/syslog of my Linux server,

Aug 13 00:25:50 <my_Linux_name> Synergy+ 1.3.4: 2011-08-13T00:25:50
WARNING: cannot listen for clients: cannot bind address: Address
already in use#012#011/home/nick/Projects/synergy-plus/cmd/synergys/synergys.cpp,505

it keep rolling.  Using 'ps -ef | grep synergy' I found that synergys
is running, the program is at /usr/bin/synergys

Now two questions:

1. How can I completely clean up this program? I forget how it was
installed in the first place, but I tried 'apt-get remove' and 'dpkg
-r ', neither works;
2. How did it get started at the beginning? I believe this is
autostarted when the server is up. I looked into /etc/init.d/, nothing
seems related to it.

Thanks!
Hai