2011 Aug 01 19:41

[vox-tech] Directory name changed out from underneath me.

[vox-tech] Directory name changed out from underneath me.

I was just navigating around on one of the machines in my lab, when I
noticed something wierd: bash is getting the name of one of my
directories wrong when it tries to print it in the prompt.

[bloom@zuni ~]$ cd /
[bloom@zuni /]$ ls
bin/   etc/         lib/         media/        proc/     srv/  var/
boot/  home/        lib32/       mnt/          root/     sys/  vmlinuz@
data/  home-raid/   lib64@       nonexistent/  sbin/     tmp/
dev/   initrd.img@  lost+found/  opt/          selinux/  usr/
[bloom@zuni /]$ cd data
[bloom@zuni dtaa]$ pwd
/data
[bloom@zuni dtaa]$ echo ~+
/data
[bloom@zuni dtaa]$ mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
nas.lingcog.iit.edu:/home2 on /home-raid type nfs (rw,nosuid,noatime,addr=216.47.152.22)
nas.lingcog.iit.edu:/data on /data type nfs (rw,nosuid,noatime,addr=216.47.152.22)

It's correctly spelled in the pwd command, and bash's ~+ expansion, and
also in the mount command (/data happens to be a mountpoint), so
basically it's correctly spelled everywhere except for the prompt. Any
ideas why?

--Ken