2011 Jun 27 12:30

[vox-tech] CalDAV

I'd like to be able to serve calendar events to Google Calendar, iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry users.  I did some research and found that CalDAV is the protocol that I need to look at.  Ubuntu has something called calendarserver which I think serves up CalDAV data.

However, I've also read hints that this would work for Google Calendar users, but not necessarily for mobile phone users because the mobile phones use proprietary extensions.

This is totally uncharted territory for me.  I was wondering if anyone has done this, and if so, what's the scoop on serving calendars to mobile phone users.

Thanks!
Pete