2011 Jun 22 12:18

Re: [vox-tech] hacked site

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, jimbo wrote:

> This intrigues me.  I want to know more.  Has anybody ever had this happen
> to them?  Are these two tied together somehow?  I mean Kansas and Indonesia?

I used to do computer forensics for ISPs. The IP address used to fo an
initial breakin is rarely the same as the one used to access it once its
broken. And neither are likely to be the persons personal address altho it
is possible to catch them with some work.

You should be sure to contact whoever is hosting the website also.

Make sure that no new files have been added to give them a new backdoor in
case you close the one they found.

Its a good idea to check not only the access logs but the error logs on a
regular basis. Especially if you are about to add a new feature. Always
look for it in the errors log before you add something new

Gandalf  Parker