2011 Jun 21 06:52

[vox-tech] Can't reach a specific subnet

[vox-tech] Can't reach a specific subnet

Last night while I was in the middle of working remotely, I couldn't
make any new connections to any of my 3 servers. The rest of the world
seems to be able to and it didn't drop my existing connection that I had
open in a terminal.

The servers in question can be checked by pulling up ice.ucdavis.edu or
maps.ice.ucdavis.edu

Right now I can't ping, trace, ssh or load websites from any of them
from my home connection via a netgear router and comcast internet
service. Traceroute seems to make it most of the way, I can get to other
servers in the same room on a different subnet.

Could this be a firewall somewhere, a bad routing table?
Problem is on at least 2 machines on my home network, both Ubuntu. Guess
I should try a house-mates windows machine but I have the suspicion it's
on the other end. I need at least some testable ideas before I can ask
the IT staff and get a reasonable response.

Thanks,
Alex