2011 Jun 03 12:11

Re: [vox-tech] I'm the guy with the infinite login problem

"Can I ssh to it?" Doesn't compute. Try again please.

--- On Thu, 6/2/11, Bill Broadley <bill@broadley.org> wrote:

From: Bill Broadley <bill@broadley.org>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] I'm the guy with the infinite login problem
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Date: Thursday, June 2, 2011, 1:09 AM

On 06/01/2011 03:27 PM, Dr. Denny Scronek wrote:
> 1. Thank you all for your helpoful emails.

> 2. I am a pc idiot and I'm too old to change. I use a pc, can't repair a
> pc to save my life.

> 3. My pc is a tool and I need it repaired, so

> 4. Who wants to make some $$ fixing my beast? How much do you charge?
> When can we get this done? I live close to Sac State.

Does it have a public IP address?  I.e. can I ssh to it?  If so I
suspect I or someone else could help you remotely.  I'd consider doing
so for free.

If not there are a few tricks for remote access assuming you have home
internet.

First thing though, can you hit control-alt-f1, login as yourself or root?