2011 May 01 09:01

Re: [vox-tech] Problem Reinstalling GRUB2

Re: [vox-tech] Problem Reinstalling GRUB2

> Try installing to /dev/sda instead of /dev/sda1. That'll install grub to
> your first hard drive's MBR.

If he did that would it wipe out his mbr for windows if windows is installed
on that disk?

I have used this configuration several times to have different OS's on their
own hard drive and I have left the bootloader for windows alone.

I have instead used the disk that I have installed Linux as the place where
grub is then set up my bios to load that hard drive upon start up.  Once
grub comes up I can then boot to windows w/o any problems.  If my Linux
drive crashes (from me experimenting with it)  I can easily go into my bios
and point to my windows hard drive and have no problems.

Jimbo