2011 Mar 10 08:29

Re: [vox-tech] Iceweasel that will not die

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 22:37 -0800, Richard Harke wrote:
> This is basically correct. But I had deleted the strangely named
> directory that held
> the lock file and apparently that was the problem. I don't understand
> why this wasn't
> removed and recreated during the purge/install cycle. But its good
> now.
> Thanks for replying.
> Richard

The strangely named directory contains all of your configuration --
bookmarks, history, cookies, etc. I'm not sure why they use the
strangely named directory -- probably some sort of security through
obscurity. You saw how my use of a * circumvented that pretty easily.

--Ken