2011 Mar 09 18:35

Re: [vox-tech] Iceweasel that will not die

Re: [vox-tech] Iceweasel that will not die

That message indicates that a lock file is still present in a configuration directory in your home directory. I don't use Iceweasel, so I leave it to you to figure out which directory (I would guess .iceweasel) and file are involved, and delete the file.

Richard Harke <paleopenguin@gmail.com> wrote:
I was having a lot of trouble with the browser, I decided to nuke all the cached stuff and start over. Under tools, I used the delete function to clear the caches.
This didn't seem to clear everything. Finally I did an apt-get purge on iceweasel. Then shutdown and rebooted. Then I reinstalled using apt-get.
But when I try to start iceweasel, I get a message that it is already running.
I have done ps -A as root but I don't see anything that looks like iceweasel.
I have also looked for a lock file but no luck. Does anybody have an idea?
system is debian lenny and I use KDE

Richard Harke
vox-tech mailing list vox-tech@lists.lugod.org http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox-tech