2011 Feb 21 14:14

Re: [vox-tech] Laptop for linux

Consider any of the dedicated linux retailers, such as ZaReason in Berkeley?
The Strata-Pro is along those lines... http://zareason.com/shop/Strata-Pro-15.html
(review: http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/08/28/on-zareason/)

-Carl

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Richard Harke <paleopenguin@gmail.com> wrote:
My laptop died so I am looking for a new one. I'm sure many people on this list
have opinions about this. I thought an Asus N82JQ looked good -- i7
processor with Nvidia 335M graphics but then its battery life is not too
good. Can anybody suggest something with good processing power,
Nvidia graphics and not too terrible battery life? Also, I don't want too large,
14" screen looks to be good. I will be installing linux, of course.

Richard Harke

Carl Boettiger
UC Davis
http://www.carlboettiger.info/