2011 Feb 17 18:01

Re: [vox-tech] network manager icon disappears. Get it back?

On 11-02-17 05:11 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> What can you do when the Network Manager icon disappears in Ubuntu on
> the toolbar?
>
> It seems that this tool controls networking and it disappeared on a
> friend's laptop that I installed Ubuntu on. I had to go through and
> strangely figure out how to add it back to the toolbar. This is not the
> first time the icon has disappeared and I don't seem to see a way to
> get back to it after the "little icon" disappears. Command line? Menu?

FWIW,  I removed Network Manager and installed wicd, which works much
better, as far as I can tell.  As to the icon for wicd, it's never
disappeared.

You should be able to find it in the menu, and right-clicking should
allow you to add it to the toolbar.

HTH

Cam