2011 Feb 15 16:21

Re: [vox-tech] Apache: 2, Me: 0.

> Hi Bryan,
>
> Good call, but I'm on Optimum Online Ultra.  It's pricey ($85/mo) but
> between the 100Mbps down, 15 Mbps up, static IP, and being able to run
> servers, I kind of had to get it, so I fall under 22B.
>
> I called them and verified they don't drop packets to port 80, and in
> fact, I actually do see the packets coming in to port 80.  Orson had a
> good point about the 3 way handshake not being fully established, and
> that's in my queue of things to investigate.  If the handshake isn't
> being fully established, Apache wouldn't see the request, and that
> would explain why I can't find a misconfiguration.
>
> But as to why the 3-way handshake isn't being fully established ...
> that would suck because I have *no* idea how to diagnose that sort of
> thing...
>
> Pete

It's a bit of a confirmation, but according to netstat:

tcp        0      0 satan:www               ny-131.algorithmi:13082 SYN_RECV

SYN_RECV means a request has been received from the network.  This
proves that the http request was received at the right machine, at the
right port.  But for whatever reason, the connection was never fully
established.  I'm not sure if this is telling me there's a problem
with the TCP transport or if this is simply restating the fact that
Apache isn't picking up the phone.

Pete