2011 Feb 22 09:45

Re: [vox-tech] Apache: 2, Me: 0.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 01:31:58AM -0500, Peter Salzman wrote:
> Third time is a charm, perhaps.  I'm trying to get Apache to work.
>
> I can access dirac.org successfully from inside my network; I can't
> access it from outside my home network.  Apache is running on a Linux box
> on satan: 192.168.0.2 and I'm testing it from a MS Windows machine on
> lucifer:192.168.0.3.  My ISP is optimum online.

Can you confirm that optimum Online is not dropping your packets? I had
Comcast do something similar to me. Comcast has a policy that subscribers
cannot operate a server.  (Yes, this *does* go against everything the Internet
is about, and pains me greatly.)

Unfortunately, it looks like Optimum has a similar policy, depending on what
type of account you have.