2011 Feb 15 09:50

Re: [vox-tech] Apache: 2, Me: 0.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> wrote:
> On 02/15/2011 08:05 AM, Peter Salzman wrote:
>> and in ports.conf:
>>
>>       Listen 192.168.0.2:80
>>
>>       <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>>             # SSL name based virtual hosts are not yet supported, therefore no
>>             Listen 443
>>       </IfModule>
>>
>>       ServerName dirac.org
>
> So it's only listening on 192.168.0.2.  Perhaps packets from outside
> your network are forwarded to some other IP?
>
> To listen on all ports, change the first Listen directive to
> just "Listen 80".
>
> Rod

OK, I commented out all the virtual host stuff and changed ports.conf to:

Listen 80
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
    # SSL name based virtual hosts are not yet supported, therefore no
    Listen 443
</IfModule>
ServerName dirac.org

and Apache is still not responding to requests from outside my LAN.

This is crazy!  I've never had so much trouble with this before.  The
packets are clearly coming in.  Could there be some kind of crazy
packet header rewriting to make the packets look like they're destined
for somewhere else (like the DSL modem)?

Rod, do you have any other ideas?

Pete