2011 Feb 14 22:40

Re: [vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.10 S-video out on Dell Inspiron 1525 ???

On 02/09/2011 04:28 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 03:33:57PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>>
>> That was before trying to use S-Video.  I also admittedly have not yet
>> tried other S-Video cables to ensure that it's not a cable issue.
>> (If that turns out to be the case, I'll be annoyed at the loss of an S-Video
>> cable... oh, and embarassed ;) )
>>

> I have a cable. I can bring it over.

The tricky part is that different Dell models had slightly different
cables. So it has to be the same model/video card to be sure.

I remember trying to trade between a couple of Dells and they weren't
always the same even if they fit. Never did figure out why...

Enjoy,
Alex