January 6: Social gathering
2011 Feb 07 17:45

Re: [vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.10 S-video out on Dell Inspiron 1525 ???

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:06:23PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 09:20:18PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> > Actually a few version back xorg became super auto config, where the
> > rule became basically = do not touch by hand. If you want hand massaged
> > stuff you put it in a different file and get it pulled in.
> >
> > This page shows how to deal with the new layout.
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look when I have more than 30 seconds to spare.
> (That reminds me.  I was pleased that my Wacom "just worked", sensitivity
> and everything, when I installed 10.10 from scratch.  That was a nice bonus :)

FYI, this looks kind of like it's what I need, but it's been about 3 years
since I last had to set up S-Video out on this laptop.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4668070&postcount=25

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller"
        Driver          "intel"
        BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
        Option          "monitor-VGA"  "VGA"
        Option          "monitor-TV"   "TV"
        Option          "monitor-LVCD" "LVCD"
EndSection

So my thought is to just dump that into a "10-video.conf" file...?