2011 Feb 03 23:25

Re: [vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.10 S-video out on Dell Inspiron 1525 ???

On 02/03/2011 09:20 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 02/03/2011 08:52 PM, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>>
>> ... Uh... WTF?  How does one get S-Video out to work on an Inspiron nowadays?
>>
>> It looks like xorg.conf has been split up into a .d directory.
>> Any clues?  Anyone done this?  THis is seriously pissing me off.
>> (Google doesn't help by giving me nothing but 5 year old forum pages
>> with no answers, or about other laptops.)
>>
>>> :^(
>>

> Actually a few version back xorg became super auto config, where the
> rule became basically = do not touch by hand. If you want hand massaged
> stuff you put it in a different file and get it pulled in.
>
> This page shows how to deal with the new layout.
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom
> It's almost identical to udev, and modrprobe stuff - where you put files
> with config stuff in the directory and assign a priority with a number
> at the start of the file name.
>
> As for the S-video part, what brand of card and which driver are you using?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

This link is also probably really relevant for either ATI or Nvidia, the
new KMS stuff messed up a lot of things that used to work (like full
screen flash)
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_get_TV-Out_working_on_ATI_graphic_cards

Enjoy,
Alex